Epiphany

One of my first super artsy photos I've taken/edited inspired by a moment in time that I just had to capture.

9:18 am 9/22/18



I'm currently lying down on the couch watching this new show called mindless, first episode. Seems pretty cool so far to my liking. Its got Emma Stone and Jonah Hill in it. So at the moment, I'm watching this tv show and decided to doodle with words on this blank digital page because I stumbled upon something i might want to do with my life. It all started with the thought of traveling. Not being stuck in this one city, in this one place, doing the same exact thing everyday. There has to be a reason why I’ve always been to myself, hadn't or have real ties i’d be worried to leave because family is family and of course my boyfriend would come with me because we have the same wants. We want to travel. Branching off into my own wants, I came to this conclusion moments ago that I would want to pursue….. Writing and traveling. I know, i know, highly competitive and challenging right? What are the chances of anyone ever wanting to read any content I put out and HELLO, I think we’re missing the real point here; reading. Lets get this real, there's only the many few of us who LOVE to read! Whether it be a hard copy book (my favorite) or something digital. It’s something about reading that sparks and there rises, a golden one way ticket to imagination. Reading led me to love writing. That is where i truly felt like myself when I was younger. Reading, I would always challenge myself to soar higher and higher when it came to getting tested on the speed and accuracy on my ability to read as i was tested by reading aloud. Rather it being something that most kids dreaded, I absolutely looked forward to it! Writing; Without reading it would not be possible for me to write. Creating stories of my own had me noticed by my teachers and even won me an award which was nice. Its funny how I loved doing this but never really thought about it being something I’d want to do when I grew up. I still don't know yet exactly. I'm not sure what this feeling is, but it feels right. I always felt like I was better at writing instead of talking. It’s easier for me to speak freely without having to think about what I should say or what I have to say.  Books had inspired me to jot down words of my own and create my own imaginary world and no one could take that away from me. It was just me, a paper, and pen. So simplistic, yet my favorite escape.
Such a big, harsh difference in todays society. What really opened my eyes to this is when I worked for an after school program. It was 2017 that led me to writing this portion right now. As I was working there i came to notice all this faster and faster once I saw it happen once. When a kid would have nothing to do, say if they finished their homework, instead of picking up a book or playing a card came, board game, or anything like that if you get these basic things I'm talking about, they would take out their phone, use their apple watch and just call their parents and talk to them or friends, or others that would play on an electronic device. This 2nd grader whipped out her humongous ipad, laid it out landscape, put the stand down to hold it upright, and started playing games with her friends. They all looked like zombies staring at a screen! I’d encourage them to play outside and theres a many few that would but man, SO different than being entertained with chalk and cement, a ball, grass games, or simply a pen, paper, and imagination.
So this brings me to the point I’ve been trying to get to all along. The want to travel and write. The chance to do something more like what I just did now. It’s something about an arriving at the airport, getting checked in, walking to your terminal and breathing the airport air as you reach your carriage as it awaits (sometimes). You get this sort of adrenaline and excitement, it feels like your getting out of a limo on to the red carpet or something extraordinary like that. Seeing so many different faces that you’ll more than likely NEVER see again. In the blink of an eye.. they are gone and everyone goes to their destinations. One big place, different people going to different places around the world. Everybody has a story, a reasoning behind their travels. Some exciting, some not so exciting. I feel like I’m talking to a friend? Oddly, this is feels very therapeutic now since I haven’t done this in so so long. Anyway, to be sitting in this exact same position, one leg crossed in and the other one laying out straight on a couch continuing to watch mindless or whatever show I am watching at the moment in a city I’ve never been to before writing about it and my adventures and making a living off it would be just the most beautiful reality. For now, it is just another imaginary idea in my head that I will hang onto until I hopefully have someone read this and want more. If I do decide to publish this, If you’re reading this then I did and hello, nice to meet you. I am Lisa, and your name is? Well, I think this is where I will end my splurge of words as I feel like I should already be getting ready for this concert. Oh yeah, guys, i’m going to the Beyonce and Jay Z concert tonight! Woo woo!!!! I mean it starts at 7 but you know, it's exciting. Sadie, (the dog) is staring and me like I should stop now too because she wants attention. Well, like I said if you’re reading this then this is out there, and if you would like me to write these daily blogs then let me know! Until then, I will see you lovely people of the world tomorrow as I try this again.

10:03 am
Discover your dreams,

Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts